- Can Donald Trump really believe this slaughter will “make America great again”?
- Lest we forget: yesterday alone, 44 airstrikes were conducted by US-led coalition military forces
- Despite international condemnation, our ‘special friend’ continues to bomb civilians in fearful, hungry and cholera-ridden Yemen
- ‘Friendly fire’: US Airstrike Hits Afghan police officers & MSF appeals for protection
- War crimes: Mosul families count their dead as US airstrikes kill thousands of civilians
Tag Archives: al-Qaida
In January, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism reported that President Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and … Continue reading
Accolades for Tim Martin: can the complicit British government give a rational answer to his question?
“We have no skin in the game. Politicians and war profiteers believe this makes everything more sanitary and acceptable” Tim Martin, a HVAC engineer and camera-shy freelance writer with a degree in philosophy, in his article in the Eureka Times … Continue reading
A copy of a confidential Justice Department 16-page memo obtained by America’s NBC News concludes that the U.S. government can order the killing of American citizens if they are believed to be “senior operational leaders” of al-Qaida or “an associated force” — … Continue reading
If you missed Simon Jenkins’ Drones are fool’s gold: they prolong wars we can’t win, you can go to it now thanks to a Moseley reader. Simon Jenkins’ points: Aerial bombardment has long been a questionable weapon of war. These … Continue reading
Extra-judicial killing 2012 was the year of drone assassination operations in Afghanistan. It is widely quoted that a report by U.S Air Force shows that Washington has launched about 450 unmanned drone strikes over the past 12 months. The latest … Continue reading