- Aerial attacks: ISIS uses coalition tactics – albeit on a smaller scale
- ‘Friendly fire’ in northern Syria killed 18 allied fighters
- Armed drones: how remote-controlled, high-tech weapons are used against the poor
- Why would disclosing reasons for rebranding armed drones have a chilling effect?
- Legacy: “Obama scattered his drones and special forces throughout the Muslim world”
Tag Archives: Islamic State
This photo from the Kurdish-run Hawar News Agency shows fighters from the predominantly-Kurdish Syrian Democratic Forces at a funeral procession in Tal Abyad, Syria, on April 13, 2017, for 18 comrades who were killed by a misdirected airstrike by the … Continue reading
In January, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism reported that President Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and … Continue reading