- Sikander Ahmed Shah: first objective, halting drone strikes – the second, reparation
- Saudi allies applaud President Trump as shameful Yemeni killings escalate
- Aerial attacks: ISIS uses coalition tactics – albeit on a smaller scale
- ‘Friendly fire’ in northern Syria killed 18 allied fighters
- Armed drones: how remote-controlled, high-tech weapons are used against the poor
Tag Archives: humanitarian law.
For years the legality of using armed drones has been challenged by individuals and organisations – as a search on this website will reveal. Another analyst, Sikander Ahmed Shah of Lahore University of Management Sciences, Department of Law and Policy reflected … Continue reading
Events 2013-2015 As this site recorded, UN Special Rapporteur on human rights and counter-terrorism, Ben Emmerson, a barrister specialising in European human rights law and member of Matrix Chambers, released an interim report on the use of drones in counter-terrorism … Continue reading